bckgrd

Monday, June 15, 2009

Emma's Easter Dress



My Random, but Profound thought for the day...

After washing Emma's "Easter" dress for what seemed like the 100th time, I realized some thing. I am so thankful she's worn it more than once. Usually people buy a "special" dress for Easter or another holiday and kids will wear it once, before it's hanging in the closet collecting dust. I'm glad I don't care that Emma's dress is faded and that the bottom lace has fallen off. She's gotten good use out of it. For some reason it just struck me as profound today, as I thought of so many kids in other countries (including the US) that only have one article of clothing. Most aren't given the chance to fade their clothes because they come already faded. Our daughter is BEYOND blessed; she has several dresses to choose from. (I'm sure you've noticed from the pictures I take which ones she likes the most.)

I hope this strikes a chord...in a good way =)


No comments: