bckgrd

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Photo Shoot
I LOVE sending out Christmas cards.  
For the last couple years, my mom will send me a deal on Groupon.
I'll tell her I'm in.
She'll get it.
And away we go.
Ben hinted at not sending Christmas cards this year.
I instantly called him scrooge.
Dismissed his comment.
And let my thoughts race from one photo idea to the next.
Ben eventually gets on board.
He even looks up the weather to see what day is best.
I feel a little rushed since we usually have them in hand by now.
And we still have to get a good picture.
The girls tend to freak out on picture days.
Not sure what it is that causes this response.
But, everyone is on edge.
I hate walking into a photo shoot situation,
(which is just our camera on a tripod with Ben running back and forth)
feeling like we have to fake the "happy family" smiles.

We went to the Forest Preserve near our house.
We figured we'd turn it into an adventure after we got the "perfect" shot.
Its very hard to capture this.
Especially with a distracted 2 1/2 year old.
We came close.
We love them.
They represent us well.
Here are a few...






We thought we would have to search for a spot to take these,
while avoiding hikers and dog walkers.
Nope.
We got out of the car.
Walked a few feet.
Then looked over to our left.
There it was. 
 The PERFECT spot.
Glowing, as if the Lord was saying "Here ya go!"
Love moments like that.

Our best ones are hidden away in a secret vault until after Christmas.


No comments: